Dear Staff, We wish to congratulate Venisha Bachulal on her appointment as Managing Director of Aspirata effective 1 April 2017. Venisha has been Operations Director for Aspirata for a number of years and has since November 2016 been fulfilling a dual role in Aspirata whilst Sybrand Strauss has been fulfilling…Read more
- POLICY STATEMENT
- ASPIRATA CERTIFICATION CHARTER
- ASPIRATA CERTIFICATION POLICY STATEMENT ON IMPARTIALITY
Suspending, withdrawing or reducing scope of certification
Aspirata Certification may suspend, withdraw or reduce of the scope of certification of a certified establishment due to the non-compliance of the specific scheme requirements. This refers particularly to the applicable scheme specific requirements related to EMS, OHSAS and FSSC schemes.
Certification shall be suspended in the following cases:
- the client's certified management system persistently or seriously failed to meet certification requirements, including the effectiveness of the management system;
- the certified client does not allow surveillance or recertification audits to be conducted at the required frequencies, or
- the certified client has voluntarily requested a suspension.
The client will be informed in writing of the suspension decision, the reasons therefore, the remedial actions required and the period of suspension:
- Aspirata Certification shall notify the client within 30 days of the suspension and the reasons;
- it shall provide the client with information outlining the remedial steps to be implemented by the client to enable the suspension to be lifted;
- the client should take immediate steps necessary to enable the suspension of its certification to be lifted;
- the client should take all steps reasonably expected to prevent the public being misled or otherwise harmed, by not claiming certification in respect of the relevant scheme in any marketing, sales, procurement or tender documents; and
- Aspirata Certification shall make the suspended status of the certification publicly accessible and shall take any other measures it deems appropriate.
During the period of suspension, the client's management system certification is temporarily invalid.
The client would be required to conform to the requirements for lifting the suspension within a period of six months.
When the client satisfies Aspirata Certification that the required remedial action is effectively implemented, its suspension of certification will be lifted. Aspirata Certification will confirm this in writing.
Failure to resolve the issues that have resulted in the suspension in a time established by the certification body shall result in withdrawal or reduction of the scope of certification:
By excluding the parts not meeting the requirements, where the client has persistently or seriously failed to meet the certification requirements for those parts of the scope of certification.
Such reductions shall be in line with the requirements of the applicable standard, for which the client is certified.
Where the company’s certification expires or is cancelled or the agreement is terminated by Aspirata Certification, the client must immediately:
settles all due but unpaid accounts;
stop using any certification logo or mark in connection with the certification;
withdraw from public display and return to Aspirata Certification the original and all copies of the certificate;
stop displaying the certification flag at its premises;
withdraw all advertising, promotions or other publication referring to the certification;
take reasonable steps to notify their staff, customers and/or suppliers of the expiry or cancellation of certification;
return any confidential information to Aspirata Certification;
take all reasonable steps to ensure that third parties are not misled to believe that the company’s certification has not expired or been cancelled;
should the above arrangements not be complied with, it shall be regarded as a breach of agreement and Aspirata Certification shall be entitled to take any steps it deems necessary against the company, including legal recourse.
Upon request by any party, Aspirata Certification shall correctly state the status of certification of a client's management system as being suspended, withdrawn or reduced.