Dear Staff, We wish to congratulate Venisha Bachulal on her appointment as Managing Director of Aspirata effective 1 April 2017. Venisha has been Operations Director for Aspirata for a number of years and has since November 2016 been fulfilling a dual role in Aspirata whilst Sybrand Strauss has been fulfilling…Read more
- POLICY STATEMENT
- ASPIRATA CERTIFICATION CHARTER
- ASPIRATA CERTIFICATION POLICY STATEMENT ON IMPARTIALITY
Aspirata Certification has put in place a process to receive, evaluate and make decisions on appeals lodged by its clients.
A description of the appeals-handling process is publicly accessible.
Aspirata Certification shall manage and take responsibility for all decisions at all levels of the appeals-handling process. It shall ensure that the persons engaged in the appeals-handling process are different from those who were part of the audit process or were involved in the certification decision.
Lodging an appeal, its investigation and subsequent decision shall not result in any discriminatory actions against the appealing person or company.
The appeals-handling process shall include the following actions:
- logging all received appeals (appeals register)
- acknowledging receipt of the appeal
- inform the appellant of the process that will be followed
- validating and investigating the appeal
- deciding what actions are to be taken in response to the appeal
- tracking and recording appeals
- ensuring that any appropriate correction and corrective action are taken.
Where the appeal is lodge to dispute the certification decision, a complete investigation shall be conducted by a person not previously involved in the subject of the appeal. The following shall be considered:
- all objective evidence provided by the appellant
- all objective evidence provide by the audit team
- the requirements of the applicable standard and normative references.
This may require that the investigation team may have to access the premises of the appellant to verify the submitted evidence to ensure compliance with the required standard and normative references.
Aspirata Certification shall notify the appellant in writing of the outcome of the appeal investigation and corrective action taken, if appropriate.
When the client satisfies Aspirata Certification that the required remedial action is effectively implemented, its suspension of certification will be lifted. Aspirata Certification will confirm this in writing.
Failure to resolve the issues that have resulted in the suspension in a time established by the certification body shall result in withdrawal or reduction of the scope of certification:
- By excluding the parts not meeting the requirements, where the client has persistently or seriously failed to meet the certification requirements for those parts of the scope of certification.
Such reductions shall be in line with the requirements of the applicable standard, for which the client is certified.
Where the company's certification expires or is cancelled or the agreement is terminated by Aspirata Certification, the client must immediately:
- settles all due but unpaid accounts;
- stop using any certification logo or mark in connection with the certification;
- withdraw from public display and return to Aspirata Certification the original and all copies of the certificate;
- stop displaying the certification flag at its premises;
- withdraw all advertising, promotions or other publication referring to the certification;
- take reasonable steps to notify their staff, customers and/or suppliers of the expiry or cancellation of certification;
- return any confidential information to Aspirata Certification;
- take all reasonable steps to ensure that third parties are not misled to believe that the company's certification has not expired or been cancelled;
- should the above arrangements not be complied with, it shall be regarded as a breach of agreement and Aspirata Certification shall be entitled to take any steps it deems necessary against the company, including legal recourse.
Upon request by any party, Aspirata Certification shall correctly state the status of certification of a client's management system as being suspended, withdrawn or reduced.